Monmouth Arts has been chosen for a second year to serve as a regranting agency for COVID Artist Relief Grants from the New Jersey Arts & Culture Renewal Fund (NJACRF) of the Princeton Area Community Foundation. A total of $24,000 in grants will be awarded to provide direct financial relief to Monmouth County artists and teaching artists to assist with living or career needs due to the loss of income caused by the pandemic. Grants will be awarded based upon demonstrated financial need, available funding, and equitable distribution of funds relating to racial/ethnic diversity, geography, and arts disciplines. Please note that this application is also available in Spanish on our website.
Artists may receive NJACRF funds from only one regranting organization in 2022.
Grant Request: $1,000 to $2,500
- APPLICATIONS OPEN: April 28, 2022
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 1, 2022 by 4:00pm
- NOTIFICATIONS: All applicants will be notified in writing no later than June 20, 2022
- A working artist since 2020 and able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to work and career in chosen medium
- 21 years of age or older
- A resident of Monmouth County for the past six months
- Working in the United States for the last two years
- An artist who is not a Monmouth Arts staff, board, or grant review panel member's immediate family member.
- Not enrolled in high school or college in 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Artists who work in the following fields:
- Craft (ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, metals, textiles, etc.)
- Dance (dancers, choreographers)
- Film (animation, documentary, episodic, experimental, narrative, etc.)
- Music (composers, musicians)
- Theater and Performance (directing, experimental, live-action, playwriting, puppetry, etc.)
- Traditional Arts (work related to the continuity and evolution of a tradition or cultural heritage such as cultural dance, cultural music, oral expression, traditional crafts, etc.)
- Visual Art (installation, curation, painting, performance art, photography, sculpture, sound art, video, etc.)
- Literary Art (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, literature for children)
Note: You’ll be required to include evidence of your presence as an artist. This could include one or more of the following:
- Website link (yours or another where your work appears)
- Social media presence
- Etsy page or another marketing platform
- Work samples
- Names of 1-3 income-generating events you have attended within the last two years and visual/audio evidence of your work as an artist.
For this relief grant, we will prioritize grant awards to historically excluded and oppressed communities, specifically, those who self-identify as Black, LatinX, Asian Pacific Islander, Indigenous, and/or a Person of Color, LGBTQ+, or a Person with a Disability.
Monmouth Arts promotes equity and inclusion and encourages all eligible individuals to participate in this opportunity. Applicants who require assistance services may contact Connie Isbell at email@example.com or call (732) 212-1890 ext 3.
The application for this competitive grant must be completed in its entirety. You will be asked to provide your contact information, reply to the narrative prompts, and confirm your eligibility for the program. You must verify your Monmouth County residency by providing a current driver’s license or other forms of a valid ID. Monmouth Arts is not responsible for the lateness of any submission..
Submission of the application indicates that you have completed all required fields in the online application form but does not guarantee eligibility or that all guideline requirements have been met. Eligible applicants may submit only one application for the COVID-19 Relief Grant opportunity from Monmouth Arts or any other regranting agency.
All COVID-19 Relief Grant applications will be reviewed against the listed criteria for eligibility by Monmouth Arts staff. Once eligibility has been confirmed, a grant panel will review applications and make award recommendations. Recommendations will be approved by the Monmouth Arts Board of Trustees.
Monmouth Arts will provide digital contracts for selected artists. Once contract documents have been signed and a permanent Monmouth County address is verified, the grant’s total award amount will be released. Personal information will not be disclosed or publicized.
Have Questions or Need Assistance?
Application assistance is available upon request by contacting Connie Isbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (732) 212-1890 ext 3.