In recognition of our 50th Anniversary, Monmouth Arts is reflecting on the journey we’ve been on over the past half century as well as where we’re headed. We invite our members to exhibit work in a group show, Journey, an exhibition to be held at Monmouth University’s Pollak Gallery. This exhibition is seeking works that express Journey as it relates to the artist’s experiences. Where have you been and where are you going? Those artists interested in submitting must be current members of Monmouth Arts and agree to the exhibition guidelines.
Monmouth Arts is pleased to be showcasing this year’s curated member exhibit in Pollak Gallery, a space that features regional artists, the work of special needs populations, collaborations with community organizations, as well as special exhibits from private collectors.
Application deadline: Wednesday, November 3, 11:59pm
Notification of acceptance via email: Friday, November 12
Artwork drop off (at Pollak Gallery): November 19, 20, and 21
Opening Reception (virtual): Thursday, December 2, 7pm
Exhibit Dates: December 2 - January 27, 2022 *
Pickup Dates (at Pollak Gallery): January 28 - 29
Media: drawing, mixed media, painting, fine crafts, photography, lithographs, and sculpture
* Please note that if a physical show is not possible due to ongoing COVID restrictions we will pivot to a virtual format.
- No submission fee, but current membership is required. Artists who'd like to become new members and submit may use the discount code JRNY10 to receive $10 off the $40 artist membership rate. For more information and an online membership form, please go to www.monmoutharts.org/join-us
- Submissions must be entered through Submittable and should include artist statement, digital images/media of each piece, and artist bio.
- Accepted work includes drawing, mixed media, painting, fine crafts, photography, lithographs, and sculpture.
- Artwork must have been made in the last three years.
- Submissions are limited to a maximum of three (3) entries.
- Shipping/drop off of accepted work to Monmouth University is the responsibility of the artist.
- Artwork sold through Journey is subject to a 30% commission fee.
- Wall-hung items must be appropriately framed, edges adequately finished and must be properly wired as the hanging medium. No saw-tooth hangers or metal eyelets will be accepted. Frames must be free of defects and of “sturdy” construction. Canvas wrapped paintings are acceptable (not raw canvas edges.)
- Three-dimensional works must be stable and stand on their own or be submitted with adequate display stands. Three dimensional artwork cannot exceed 5′ h x 3′ w and not weigh more than 75 pounds.
Please read the complete Terms and Guidelines included in the entry form.
The call for entries closes on Wednesday, November 3, 2021. Participants will be notified via email by November 12, 2021. The show will run in Monmouth University’s Pollak Gallery from December 2, 2021 to January 27, 2022 with a virtual opening reception on Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 7 p.m. For more information or questions about submitting artwork please contact Connie Isbell, Membership & Community Engagement Director, at email@example.com.